Yes they can…
Well, healthy is not really the word that springs to mind when we think of puddings. However, if you add almond milk to a pudding recipe then you are adding great nutrition which allows you to get rid of any guilt factor (well, almost!).
Almond milk packs a powerful nutritional punch and has lots of health benefits as well as being deliciously tasty. It’s an excellent source of protein, fibre, Vitamin E – which is a brilliant antioxidant – calcium and lots of other important minerals.
Here is a delicious recipe for Almond Milk Chocolate Pudding, that we found on the Blue Diamond Almonds website.
Here’s what you need – Ingredients:
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornflour
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/9 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 ½ cups Blue Diamond Almond Breeze ® milk
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 ½ tablespoons unsalted butter
Here’s how you make it – Method:
- Whisk the sugar, cornflour cocoa and salt in a saucepan
- Slowly whisk in the almond milk. Bring the mixture to boil, whisking constantly.
- Reduce the heat to low and let simmer, whisking occasionally until the mixture thickens. It usually takes about 3 minutes.
- Set a sieve over a bowl and drain the pudding into the bowl to make sure there aren’t any lumps. Stir in the extracts and the butter. Pour into two serving bowls. Cover the exposed area with a small sheet of waxed paper or parchment, and chill until cold.
- Serve with whipped cream and chocolate shavings
This pudding is the perfect finishing touch to a big hearty Sunday roast and perfect for when the nights draw in and winter surrounds us.
If you’ve been good at sticking to your gym sessions and keeping fit, then how about allowing yourself to add a dollop of pouring custard from a carton? Although, perhaps you shouldn’t tell your personal trainer!